Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Moles

Moles. I'm covered in them. I just went to the dermatologist because some of them were itching and raised. He took pictures and I will go back in six months. I've been monitoring my moles since I was a kid. They are large and dark and all over my body, in places I won't even mention. It's because I'm white. Like super, glow-in-the-dark white. I grew up in FL and multiple members of my mom's family, including my mom, have had skin cancer spots removed.

K grew up in FL too, but she is brown. I remember when she got her first sunburn at age 23. She was like "Why is my skin red and flaky? And it hurts." Um, that's a sunburn, and I've gotten a million of them over the years. Oh, to be brown.

As I was naked and being examined and photographed by the doctor today, I thought, our kids will be brown. They won't have to do this. And that makes me happy.

No comments: