Monday, January 7, 2008

Period

I got my period today, over a week early. Now is not the time to start having irregular cycles. I guess it's because I've been fixated on my reproductive cycle for the past week. Well, at least now I have something to put on the forms for Columbia Fertility, which ask when my last period was. I never bothered keeping track before, but now it seems to be all I think about.

Now the real fun begins. I get to start tracking my fertility. Every morning when I wake up, before I get out of bed, I will take my temperature, and chart it on a graph. Then I pay attention to my discharge to try to track when it is fertile mucus, which I should start to get more of now that I'm not taking decongestant. And I will chart the mucus on the graph. And somehow this information is supposed to tell me when I'm ovulating. I'm still skeptical, but I guess this works for people.

I already miss the blissful days before I knew anything about ovulation and fertility. I used to say I was thankful to be in a same-sex relationship because we never had to worry about an accidental pregnancy. But there is something really nice about just having sex and getting pregnant without studying the charts first. I'm still thankful for my same-sex relationship, but I'm also ready for the accidental pregnancy.

No comments: