Monday, January 7, 2008

Yoga

Tonight we go to yoga. We used to go to yoga regularly for about six months, maybe a year and a half ago. We always said we'd come back, but our teacher has long since stopped asking us when. We told her that this year we were going to get back on track, a new years resolution. She told us about the special New Years Eve yoga class she was teaching last Monday and we promised we'd be there. But then I got a vicious cold which I only recently recovered from, so we went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks instead (which was really good, by the way). I'm sure she'll be very surprised when she sees us tonight.

The yoga is a part of a new commitment to getting healthy. We need to exercise more, and in particular, I need to exercise more. It increases fertility. Also, yoga is very helpful during labor, making the contractions less painful, so it's good to practice now before I actually get pregnant. I actually enjoy yoga. Maybe because it's a low key work out and I'm kind of lazy. But I'm not very good at meditating. At the end of the class, we all lie on the floor for guided meditation and I end up thinking of all of the things I'd rather do. My partner gets so relaxed she falls asleep and starts snoring, but I can't wait for that part to end, so that we can go home. But the books say that people who meditate get pregnant faster, so that's something else I need to work on. That really puts some stress onto my relaxing meditation, doesn't it?

No comments: