Monday, April 27, 2009

It's HOT!

Our early spring heat wave is too much for someone this pregnant! It's been in the 90's since Friday and we won't get relief until Wednesday. I've been hot for about a month as it is - waking up in the night drenched in sweat, baking at work, barely able to function. But now it's actually hot outside, on top of my normal hot, it's just too much!

Saturday I woke up with some serious nesting urges. I woke at 7am (on my own - no alarm) and put in a load of laundry and then started cleaning the kitchen. Then we went to some yard sales and got some great baby items, then to the farmers market. After that trip outside, all of my energy for nesting was gone. I still had the urge, but couldn't do anything. I ended up doing some low-key things, making lunch from our tasty farmers market stash, and then taking a nap while K cleaned the balcony in the heat. The heat just wiped me out.

Sunday was just as hot. We had our pregnancy support group meeting (the last one we'll be attending - the next one is scheduled for the day after our due date). It was hosted by a couple that doesn't have AC in their home. I can't live like that! I was soaked in sweat after our 1.5 hour meeting. My underwear were completely soaked. I stunk and felt sticky and gross. All I could think of was going home to shower. I don't know how the pregnant woman who lives there can handle it. She's due in June and it's only going to get hotter.

Based on this heat, I hope the baby comes sooner than later. If this is any indication of what our spring will be like (thanks global warming...), I can't take it much longer. Thank God for AC! And I'm so glad I don't live in FL anymore.

No comments: