Friday, March 21, 2008

What we have already


For people who don't have kids, we have a surprising amount of kid-friendly stuff. When A was visiting and we surprised her with babysitting, we were sorting through our DVDs to pull out the kid-friendly ones, and she said 'Wow, you actually have a lot. And then you have a lot of stuff that's REALLY inappropriate. No middle ground.' It's totally true. Amongst Kanye West and Liz Phair CDs and the movies Trainspotting and Fight Club, we have the following:

CDs:
No! by They Might Be Giants

DVDs:
Here Come the ABCs by They Might Be Giants
Scooby Doo
Star Wars - All 6 movies
Star Wars: Clone Wars Vol 1
Bananas in Pajamas (I bought this for K as a gift in college)
Yellow Submarine by The Beatles
The Peanuts Holiday Collection (I bought this for K last Halloween)
The Original Christmas Classics (Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman)
How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Suess

Books:
What Do you do with a potty? by by Marianne Borgardt (I bought this for K in college - it's hilarious)
One Grain of Rice: A Mathematical Folktale by Demi (A got this for me for Christmas)
The Lorax by Dr. Suess (I got this from my mom the year Dr. Suess died)
Bed, Bed, Bed by They Might Be Giants (We bought this at an in-store acoustic set They played at Olsson's in Arlington. We didn't stick around to get it signed though)
Some Beatrix Potter books (K's mom picked these up for us in England a couple of years ago - She thought they were vintage but they are from 1999)
The Bunnicula Series by James Howe (I got these for K in grad school)
My Teacher is an Alien by Bruce Coville (I got this for K in grad school)
And Tango Makes Three by Peter Parnelland Justin Richardson (A got this for me for Christmas)

Decorations:
Lots of Star Wars action figures, posters, banks, etc. (K's, mostly from high school and college)
Carousel horses (Mine, mostly from middle and high school)
Ceramic dolls (Mine, handmade for me when I was a kid by my mom and aunt)
A wall hanging extolling kindness as a virtue (K's from when she was a kid)

Other:
Sesame Street Christmas coloring book (I bought this for K in college)
Star Wars Episode 1 coloring book (I bought this for K in college when she had her wisdom teeth removed)
crayons

No comments: