Monday, March 30, 2009


I had a major nesting impulse on Saturday. We had an appointment to get our car serviced at 8am, so we woke up at 7am. I jumped out of bed and started doing laundry before even eating breakfast. I didn't stop working that day until 10:30 that night. K baked some banana bread and I sat down to eat it and all of the sudden I was SO tired, like I could fall asleep right there with my bread. But before I sat down, I wasn't tired all day. I had tons of energy and I was on a mission and I pushed K on my mission. We accomplished a lot:
  • all baby laundry is washed, folded, and put away - newborn and 0-3 month clothes, boppies, blankets, burp cloths, bibs, sheets, toys, play mat, sling, towels, wash cloths, cloth baby wipes, Halloween costumes, etc.
  • we took our computer to best buy for repair
  • we went to the thrift store
  • car service appointment
  • reorganized our filing cabinet, filed papers, shredded papers
  • spring cleaned living and dining room
  • hung frame in living room
  • went to hardware store to get wall mounting for a plate
  • hung plate in dining room
  • set up play pen
  • moved co-sleeper into baby room
  • our personal laundry is washed but not yet folded
  • maybe more that I can't remember

I even cooked lunch and dinner for us.

Then on Sunday I woke up at 9am exhausted. I could barely wake up, I made it through church, out to lunch, bathing suit shopping for K. She kept asking me how I was doing and I'd say "okay" and she'd say "really?" and I'd say "tired". Then as we were leaving Sears, she asked how I was doing - we were headed to Target - and I said "tired" and she said "are you crying?" I was so tired I started to cry. I had told her that we could do whatever she wanted since she put up with me on Saturday and I really didn't want us to go home but I was exhausted. Saturday wore me out. So K said we were going home, and I protested, but I really was tired. I came home and crashed.

That nesting impulse is really crazy, a total surge of energy. If I hadn't sat down, who knows how late into the night I would have gone. I was a crazy woman! But at least we got a lot done.

No comments: