Wednesday, November 12, 2008

We saw our baby!

Yesterday we had an ultrasound to test for down syndrome. K is worried about this because my beta levels were high in early pregnancy, so we got the test. But the most awesome part about it was the ultrasound. Last time we saw our baby, he/she was only 6 weeks old and just looked like a white dot. This time we saw an actual baby - spinning around, kicking, waving, crossing his/her legs. It was like 'wow, that little human is inside of me?' It's totally more real now. I just wish I could feel the little one moving around, but I know I will soon.

We also went to our 13 week midwife appointment yesterday, and we got to hear the heartbeat. It was just amazing. Here's a video of the heartbeat, and you can hear a little kick.



And here are the pictures from the ultrasound. Isn't our baby beautiful?

5 comments:

N said...

That's really awesome. :D We're working on getting a referral for the 12w scan. J doesn't want to do the test, really, but we both want to see the baby.

nutella said...

Wow, lovely pix! Glad everything is going well with you all!

Anonymous said...

Amazing! That is one cute baby!

C.I.W. said...

How wonderful!!! This is all very exciting! Thanks for sharing...

Casey

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! How exciting! :)