Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Insurance continued

I blogged earlier about my new POS insurance. I know, insurance is a very uninteresting topic, yet, I'm still going on about it. I went to the fertility clinic with my new insurance last month, and they were in my network (this is not why we chose them, it was just a nice surprise) so they said I don't have to pay anything. I said "Are you sure?" They said yes and sent me home.

I just received the statement from my insurance company for that visit. The cost of the visit was $359, and, if I'm reading it correctly, I am only responsible for $20. $20! That's amazing. I don't know if that means they will cover the insemination, but on the clinic's website is says they will deal with the insurance company for me. They probably know how to word things so that I am more likely to get this insured. I have my fingers crossed, but as with the rest of this process, I'm trying not to be too hopeful. We've saved lots of money for this process, and I fully expect to spend all of it. And if, for some reason, we're lucky enough not to have to, well then, all the merrier.

No comments: