Thursday, October 9, 2008

Iron


I think I feel better because I stopped taking iron supplements. According to the book Your Vegetarian Pregnancy, vegetarians should take iron supplements in addition to their prenatal vitamins because you need twice as much iron when your pregnant. So I've been doing that. But then I read this:


"Iron is important, but it's also a common cause of nausea. Ask your doc about a vitamin with less iron, or try a liquid or chewable form that might help with the queasiness."


So yesterday I stopped taking iron. And I feel completely different. For the last couple weeks I've been in a constant state of ick. Yesterday I felt almost normal. There is still some queasiness when I eat, but I'm not feeling that constant uneasiness. So I tried it again today - no iron - and again I feel pretty good.

No comments: