Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I told them

Last night I decided to tell my parents. My mom sent me an email asking a bunch of questions about what's going on with me, and I didn't feel right responding to that email without tell her anything, so I decided to call and tell them. I spoke to my mom first. She said she knew this phone call would come soon since she knew we were trying. Good for us for warning them in advance! She said congrats and was mildly excited. She asked questions like when is the baby do, what are your plans for staying home, etc. It went okay. Then I talked to my dad and his first question was a grumpy "How long have you known?" I knew they would feel left out if I waited any longer. My sister called my parents as soon as she got a positive pee stick, at 5am. I waited until I was 7 weeks pregnant. Of course, they love my sister more, so I think that's fair.

All in all it was a nice enough phone call. Now I have to call my sister so that she doesn't feel left out.

3 comments:

j.k-c. said...

I'm glad that you told them and it didn't go too badly. Sounds like your mom might really want to be excited about another grandchild, I hope that she lets herself.

Lizzie said...

Congrats on telling them. These things can be so hard sometimes!

C.I.W. said...

That is good you told them-- congrats...and it sounds as if they were pretty receptive. Tugs at the heart strings.. I want my parents to be supportive of all of this, and yet, they have no idea that we are even trying. Catch 22.