Thursday, February 5, 2009

Snoogling


I was given a Snoogle a few months ago, and I put it up in the closet and didn't think about it. Lately I've been having trouble sleeping. One night I had leg cramps that woke me in the middle of the night repeatedly, but that was only one night. The midwife said eat more dairy, so I've been having a yogurt every day. Most nights I have aches in my hips and my legs go numb. Always a side sleeper my whole life, now I can't sleep on my side, which sucks because now I'm supposed to sleep on my side. Sleeping on my back, like I want to , deprives my baby of much needed oxygen or nourishment or something really important like that. So I toss and turn all night, with achy hips and numb legs. I wake up on my back and force myself to roll over. I mentioned this to the midwife yesterday and she said to use a body pillow to stop myself from rolling onto my back. So I pulled out the old Snoogle and tried it out. It was comfy and felt like I was snuggling with K all night. My legs didn't go numb and I did not lay on my back. My hips still ached and I tossed and turned all night. Every time I wanted to roll on my back while sleeping, I would be blocked from doing so and this would wake me up. When my hips got achy, I wanted to roll over, which was difficult while wrapped up in this thing and my sheets/blankets. I didn't sleep well last night but I think I'll keep using it because I want my baby to have oxygen and nourishment and other important goodies, even if I can't sleep. I wasn't sleeping well before, so I can't complain too much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can a body pillow possibly replace me?

JK said...

Well, you roll away from me, you tell me your hot, you tell me your itchy. The snoogle doesn't complain.