Friday, April 25, 2008

Money woes


I've got car trouble. I have a 9 year old car with over 100,000 miles on it. It needs a new timing belt and the wheel barrings need to be tighted up. This will cost $800. If I don't get it fixed, I will be left stranded on the side of the road when my timing belt snaps. I don't want to fix this car, I want to buy a new car, a four door car with room for two car seats and room in the trunk for two strollers and a ton of groceries. Specifically, I want the Chevy HHR in orange, because it's big and practical but still cool and fun, just the kind of mom I want to be (minus the big part...).

But I can't buy that new car because I have to buy sperm. And pay the doctor to insert it inside of me. What if it takes a year? There will be no money left for a new car. So for now we will spend the $800 to fix this old crappy car that we don't even want. Sigh...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I so hear you on this one. J and I have a car that's thirteen years old and another that's ten years old. The thirteen-year-old car is in the shop with a dead compmuter and is about to cost us over a thousand dollars in repairs. We want some cool sporty mom car instead, but it's just not going to happen, and it's soooo frustrating!

It will all fall into place though. It will.