Today we finally bought sperm - two vials of ICI ready sperm and 6 vials of IUI ready sperm. Enough for about 4 months of trying. We always take forever to make important decisions, pushing everything until the last minute. I remember when we had to make a decision about grad school. We couldn't decide between two schools - the one I like and the one K liked. The deadline for making decisions was April 15. On a tear-filled April 14, we made the decision and called the respective schools. This sperm thing is like that, though less tears were involved (notice I didn't say there weren't any tears...). We predicted an ovulation on Monday. The last possible day to order sperm and have it arrive in time was today, and that's when I ordered the sperm, on the last possible day. I'm not sure exactly what the hold-up was. Which sperm, how much to order, ICI or IUI, researching ICI to see if we really want to try it - for some reason all of these decisions took too long. Let's blame our trip to Australia.
But then, surprise, I got an unclear reading on my OPK this morning. Thinking I wouldn't ovulate until Monday, I waited until today to begin testing. Well, today I saw two pink lines. The test line was slightly less dark, but not by much. I would think I'm either ovulating today or tomorrow. We don't even have the sperm yet! This must be why the first try is considered practice. Next month I will definitely start testing early. And the sperm will be waiting for us whenever we need it. We won't expect much from this cycle for sure.